Tuesday, September 1, 2026

 


This was not on my Tuesday bingo card

Well. This escalated rather quickly.

My friend recommended I add my story to the 2026 Page Turner Awards.  I thought "Why not?  I've got nothing to lose."

Apparently what happens is this:

It became a Fiction Book Award Finalist.

I am very glad I was sitting down when I found out.  I genuinely wasn't even thinking about it.  I thought it would be "Hey, nice job, but you didn't make it" sort of thing.

From here onward, the judging gets much more savage so I haven't a clue if my book will go any farther.

But honestly?  I'm already thrilled.  A finalist is a finalist and nobody can take that badge away from me.

This feels like a dangerous amount of power to give someone who likes decorative things.

So for today, I am celebrating the fact that my weird little western went out into the world, behaved itself just long enough to impress some judges, and came home wearing an award badge.

I’m also going to be saying “award finalist” at completely unnecessary opportunities for at least the next several days.

“Would you like a receipt?”

“Yes, thank you. By the way, my book is an award finalist.”

“Paper or plastic?”

“Whichever one is appropriate for an award finalist.”

Please bear with me during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Obsessive an Character Mistaking Obsession for Romance

  Leggo my leg!  This date ended seven years ago!  (And, unfortunately yes, I have said this!) One of the things I wanted to be very careful...